mercredi 7 septembre 2016

[List II/41a] Western Han Chinese 漢朝 From 206 BCE to Year 9

Since I spent my Dunhuang army in big battle dba, I was trying to mount an army of their opponent histos. The Tangs and the Songs stick very well, as well as the Hsia hsians. For practical reasons (interesting sale of Hans by Nico on the New-wab forum), I opted for the Hans. (Their links with Dunhuang are attested by the frescoes of the Mogao Gipsies).



Overview of the Army (mainly Old Glory reinforced some Casting Rooms).



The heavy infantry. 6 plates of 8 figuines each. (1 row of 4 crossbowmen protected by the first line of halberdiers) The flags benefit from the wind in the back because Sun Tzu would have pulled my ears if I pulled my tiles against the wind.






The peasant levies, so enthusiastic that they must tie an iron collar to their necks. (I totally ignore the historical relevance that this fact but Old Glory and Castingroom both offer this type of "jewel" for the levies)


The luggage. This type of wheelbarrow was invented under the Han (although Curteys offer it for earlier periods)




The cavalry. Some Han armed forces in the Tarim or the Hsiung-nu steppes could be made up entirely of cavalry or mounted infantry.





The ballista (this model corresponds more to the more recent periods, -Song-) but as it is prettier than the Han balisters, it does not matter. Especially since the officer is a Han.



Turkish auxiliaries, very useful during the campaigns in the Tarim basin.