jeudi 8 septembre 2016

[List I/24b] Hittite empire Early XIIIth century BC



« He struck Apasa, the city of Uhhaziti. Uhhaziti fell on his knees and became sick. When Uhazaziti became ill, he did not come against me to fight. (Instead,) he sent his son Piyama-Lamma against me with his infantry and his cavalry. He faced me to fight on the Astarpa River at Walma. I, my Majesty, fought it. The Sun Goddess of Arinna, my lady, the God of the Storm of Victory, my lord, Mezzulla and all the gods hastened to me. I challenged Piyama-lamam, son of Uttaziti, with his infantry and his cavalry, and destroyed them. Then I chased him and crossed the Arzawa. I went to Apasa, in the city of Uhaziti. Uhhaziti did not resist me and fled before I arrived.»

The defeat of the Arzawa, extracted from the Annals of Mursili





The Hittite chariot. The tanks carrying a crew of three warriors are considered knights by the rules of DBA. Two-passenger tanks, more mobile but less heavy, are classified as riders.

 The first of the three photographs of the chariot includes the king hates My Sun (My sun is the royal title granted to the great king, much like the "majesty" of the etiquette of French royalty)


 Hittite nobility plays an important social role (Hittite society is feudal and their Indo-European culture gives an essential function to the warriors.) The assembly of nobles, the PANKUS, will gradually lose its importance over the centuries but remains A fundamental institution.

 The three-passenger tanks appeared to have appeared at the time of the Battle of Qadesh. They are not, therefore, contemporaries of the wars against the Mitaneans;

ANSÛ.KUR.RAmesLUGAL

ANSÛ.KUR.RAmesLUGAL
ANSÛ.KUR.RAmesLUGAL


The "heavy" infantry is made up of fighters handling long pikes with two hands. They fight in formation more loose than the phalanges héllénistiques.

LÛmesSU.GI

The Hittite army also includes less resolute combatants (vassals, Anatolian subjects, militia ...) or less trained fighters. These units are counted in Hordes by the rules.

SALmesSU.GI
Other vassals and subjects furnish auxiliary troops. Equipped with javelins, short spears and light shields, they are more able to maneuver in difficult terrain.



.